Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunlit Sunday... dreamin' and hopin'

Sunlit Sunday is hosted by My Little Home and Garden.

I'm going to pop over and do Sunday Salon post as well.  I finished reading The Care of Wooden Floors, by Will Wiles.  I couldn't get into this book for quite a few pages, and then BAM (as Emeril would say). I couldn't even remember why I requested it from the library, and then Jenners commented and I remember reading her review and thought I should stretch my wings and read more books written by men, I do find a very different style in the writing. WELL I was not disappointed, I might add I missed my bus/train stop twice, (because I was reading) my very quick trip to the art supply store became an adventure in alternate routing.  Good thing it wasn't dark, I hate being somewhat lost in the night, in Chinatown of all places.  Suffice it to say if you are planning to renovate your house and are thinking of putting down a wood floor you must read this.  I always regretted not doing so, and then I remembered I was married to handy Andy.  Good decision, ceramics it is.  This book has quite a view, post Communism, perfection, a little bit of British, and a whole lot of nerdy friendships and buckets of wine, oops and almost forgot the cats.  For a more intensive review check out Jenners' review, she does a much better job.

18 comments:

My Little Home and Garden said...

That's a lovely bouquet of tulips, Irene. They are one of my favourite flowers!

-Karen

Crafty Gardener said...

That is a nice pot of tulips for Sunlit Sunday. Here in my part of Ontario it is extremely windy. We've also had a couple of snow squalls that made me think I was in a snow globe. How is it in your part of Ontario?

ANNE said...

Pretty tulips! Roll on Spring!

Annie said...

It sounds interesting Irene..I'll have to look out for a copy at the library.
I laughed when I read that you missed your bus/train/stop...it sounds like something I would do..I always have to put the book away when I am getting near my place/stop, or I know I'll miss it!
Thanks for popping by my blog. It is good to pass on blogs and links that speak to us! Hope it helps.
Thinking of you.
Love the flowers!

Snap said...

I love tulips! these are lovely.

NatureFootstep said...

love the tulips.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sounds like an interesting book. I need to read something by a different author, too. Love your tulips...a touch of Spring!

ellen b said...

We both featured some tulips on sunlit Sunday this week. Blessings...

Nise' said...

I put this one my keep a look out for list after reading Jenners review, but will bump it up to TBR after reading yours! Tulips are beautiful.

bermudaonion said...

Sounds like a wonderful book!

betty-NZ said...

Lovely blooms, so colorful and sunny!

Pamela Gordon said...

What a beautiful bouquet of tulips. They are a favourite of mine too. Blessings, Pamela

Jenners said...

Lovely lovely tulips!!

I'm glad the book got better for you … it became such a comedy of errors.

Alyce said...

Another positive review of that book! I wasn't sure it was one I'd be interested in, but seeing that you liked it too moves it up the list a bit.

Pondside said...

It's the time of year for a tulip bouquet every week.
Thanks for the book recommendation!

Nadia@loveliveandgarden said...

Beautiful tulips! I love the flowers of spring.

Jenny said...

I don't know how any review could be better than that one, dear Irene. Wish I had wooden floors ...

Parabolic Muse said...

This actually sounds like my kind of book. If I had 45 seconds to read, I could probably get through it by the end of the year!

What lovely flowers!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.