Saturday, April 5, 2014

Saturday Snapshot...



This is a picture my sister Barbie took of her little dog, on HER bed.  Well as you can see, she's cute and very little, but she also knows a quality product, The Hudson Bay Blanket.

Well for me that blanket reminds me of this lady.
We had a student in our class one session that loved Hudson Bay blankets, and had her whole cottage decorated in various pieces of furniture upholstered with blankets.  It was murder.  Evelyn solicited assistance from a couple of us since this posed a way bigger challenge for the student than she could handle, and Evelyn had 18 other students to assist.  It was murder, but it did make a great article in a Needle Pulling Thread.  The editor was so impressed she sent us a bunch of items to make a foot stool out of recycled items,  Murder yet again.  We did it but... the lady with the dark hair you see in the photo, is Eva, upholster extraordinaire, and wonderful helper.  Eva would stop doing her own piece and help anyone in the class, as did many of us.  Evelyn was a big promoter of "learning together," and even if you didn't work on your own piece some days, you always learned something from helping someone.

So Miss Lulu, the dog, enjoy your luxury nap, I'm sure you're not allowed on that blanket.

P.S.  I didn't ask for permission to use my sister's picture, so I may be in court for  copyright issues.  Oh well, what are sisters for, we can't borrow each others clothes so why not pictures.

4 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

ah ah ah, sei stata molto divertente Irene....
il cane di tua sorella somiglia molto a Ching Martino quando dorme ( però sul tappeto !!! )..
Sono sicura che tua sorella non ti porterà in tribunale....
Baci e felice sabato :)))
Myriam

Vicki said...

Miss Lulu is adorable and would be allowed full reign at my house, just like my babydog!

I love your stories about your classes. They always make me want to do something crafty.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

LOL! I'm sure Lulu doesn't mind being featured. She's adorable! The girls would love to have a pup like this but I'm afraid they'd squash her.

Jenny said...

You fooled me, dear Irene. I thought that was a wig. The dog, I mean. hahahahaa xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.