Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Teaser Tuesday...The Forgotten Seamstress

'
TeaserTuesdays3
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!



"They told me you want to know my story, Why I ended up in this place?  Well, there's and odd question, and I've been asking it meself for the past fifty years."  

From The Forgotten Seamstress, Liz Trenow,  I've decided I should be reading books about other sewing ladies. and this is the first on the list.  It's my own personal challenge, read books about people in your line of work. 

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm just going to do this on your blog, dear Irene, rather than on my own.

Here we go.

"You don't read the obituaries?"
"Well, perhaps just a glance sometimes."
"To see if you're there?"
"To see if some of them are younger than me."

From *The Remorseful Day* by Colin Dexter ... I highly recommend all of the Inspector Morse mysteries. xoxo

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth Niquette said...

I often think of you my sweet Friend. Thank you so much for your posts on the things I put up on my blog. You are so insightful and sweet. ((hugs))

I continue to pray for your sister. How is she? How are YOU?

fredamans said...

Now I wanna know her story too.

Nise' said...

I've got this on my stack and need to get to it.

Annie said...

Interesting Irene. And I love the painting below..amazing.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.