Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Salon...

Sunday Salon finds me a little slow reading.  I finished The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag.  All I can say is I love Flavia. I haven't read all of Alan Bradley's works, but I'm on the way.
And then I started Kindred, Octavia Butler.  I'm not wild about time travel, but... I'm only on page 68 and bored of it.  While I appreciate the historical comparison's, I don't know just can't get into it... this is why I can't get through the Outlander series.   Up next is the Island, Victoria Hislop, I think this might be another visit to the past, but not quite time travel.

The remainder of the week is rather full, so hopefully I'll be reading on the rails as it were.

5 comments:

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

I must have a look at Alan Bradley's books - I haven't read any of them. I do quite like time travel books - just finished Time's Echo by Pamela Hartshorne, it dragged a bit in the middle. I'm not keen on the Outlander series at all - too many of them!

I've not long read The Sunrise by Victoria Hislop which I liked - and also have The Island, which I've been thinking about reading soon - it'd be interesting to know what you think of it.

Anonymous said...

I recently got the first Flavia book on audio and I'm hoping to listen to it soon. The reviews of the entire series have me convinced I'll love them - just haven't found the time yet!

Hope you have a wonderful week. :)

Nise' said...

I have not read Flavia yet! I love the Outlander series, sorry it is not your thing.

Vicki said...

I haven't read anything by this author.

I'm not a fan of time travel either.

Jenny said...

I've not read this either but I'm going to look for it at the library based on your recommendation, dear Irene. I love the cover art! Put a skeleton and I'm in. I hope you have a good week although it's a busy one. xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.