Monday, February 2, 2015

It's Monday What are you Reading... Norwegian by Night, Derek B. Miller

I don't read thrillers, usually, this was more than that.  I did a search for my War Through the Generations challenge and found this book, it had been reviewed by someone I trust and I don't remember who.  WELL, it hit upon several wars, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam and even Kosovo, and to top it off it had a complicated family relationship and dementia.  Who could possibly do that, I am so impressed with this author, I will have to look for him again.

A riveting look at the life of survivors, and what they deal with FOREVER!  Relationships, cold and warm and necessary, responsibilities, pride, and faith AND in the middle of this all killing and more killing.

If you only read one War Through the Generations book this should be it.  Five *****

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sounds intriguing, although generally I shy away from war stories, dear Irene. I will take your advice and look for this title! xoxo BTW re your question about my other three grands, it's just awful that I don't see them enough. I am tutoring several days a week now and it makes it hard for me to get out of town. But I sent them a package today, and our darling little Andrew will turn three on 2/22 so of course we will see them then. And I will take photos to share, because I hate it that I haven't had as many new ones to post lately. Thank you for asking about them! xoxo

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.