Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday 56...


Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice,  (congratulations to Freda, she's getting married).
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it)
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. 
*It's that simple.

  Here's Mine.

I remember as a child thinking it perfectly normal that complete strangers joined us for meals.  Sometimes, we were surprised to see they were even wearing our clothes.  Mum would invite passersby in for tea.  Dad would pick up hitchhikers and bring them home for dinner; if they had been standing out in the rain, he'd give them a dry shirt.  When the minister at church announced that a runaway teenager needed an adoptive home, Mum was the first to put up her hand.


This is my first non fiction for the year, and I'm struggling with it.  They Left us Everything, is a memoir by Plum Johnson, a heartfelt story of what parents leave behind.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Sounds like an interesting but sad at times book. I hope you start liking it more as you keep reading.

fredamans said...

Thank you for the wishes! :-)

The parents in the story sound like the kindest, most gentle souls on earth. Makes me want to read on.
I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

I don't know this book - it looks as though she had a very different childhood from mine. Not that my parents didn't help people because they did but not to that extent.

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.