Thursday, December 10, 2015

Wrap up

Wrap up can mean so many things,  in my case I'm wrapping up my adventures in the adult education department.  November and December seem to always be so busy.  I ache physically and mentally.  Scheduling overload!  Last evening I spent, for the first time ever, with friends from the Canadian Antique Association .  I joined this group last spring, mostly because I like the company.  Last evening's festivities was no exception.  We did a treasure exchange, some fun. I lucked out and got one of Krystyna's designed lampshades, with lamp, all hand stitched.  Earlier in the day I lunched with my painting pals, and a good time was had by all.  SO, I am still reading what I posted at the end of November.  It gets dark so early, my trips home are not suitable for reading.  (note to self, download e reader). 

What's up for today and the next few days,  hopefully some accomplished organization in my home, and floor scrubbing, well, toilets too.  Doesn't that sound exciting?  Haven't bought even one Christmas gift yet!  Maybe I'll be scrooge.  Cannot bring myself to go into the mall.

Happy reading.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Dear Irene, slow down, girl. You will exhaust yourself. Serve up a big piece of cake and a bigger cup of tea and sit down in the chair. Order all gifts from Amazon. Spray something involving bleach on the floors and potties, swab with a few paper towels, and call it a day. Merry Christmas my dear friend; I've never seen your face in person but I think of you often, and fondly. xoxo

Nise' said...

You are not alone, I haven't bought any presents either! Hope December allows you some more time to read! Happy Holidays.

Annie said...

Good to hear someone else who has done no Christmas shopping ...
I feel so much better

Don't get too worn out cleaning.
(That's what I should be doing)

hope you get to enjoy the holidays..

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely day! You are amazing--and an inspiration. A Merry Christmas to you, dear Irene. Thank you so much for your Friendship. <3

Vicki said...

I haven't bought any presents yet either. I'm not much in the holiday spirit this year.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your antiques group sounds like a great opportunity to learn. Didn't know there was this type of organizations so will be looking around down here in our area. Always fun to come to your blog and learn a little something. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.