Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday 56, I Found You, Lisa Jewell




At the thought of the girl he feels another wave of doom wash over him.  Hi body, no longer his own, it seems, reacts by regurgitating the eggs and toast Alice cooked for him earlier on.  Afterward he is shaky and weak.  He returns to the position he'd adopted during his first hours in Ridginghouse Bay, on his haunches, on the beach, staring out to the sea as though waiting for the ocean to bring him something.

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda Mann

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I've never read this author. I love the cover!

fredamans said...

Sounds like it's beautifully written! I added yo to the Linky. Happy weekend!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Good to see you're already reading books for this year. We've fallen behind, but am inspired by you to get busy.

Angela said...

I've never read this author before, but I really like the cover. And it's so bold to mention vomit in the first passage!

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to my wonderful son,  it's bee 33wonderful years. Hope this year proves to be the best yet.